Friday, July 20, 2012

I was reading about shared journals over at Delightful Daily 5 Cafe. She explains each component of Daily 5 so well. I highly recommend reading some of her posts. This particular post was about introducing Work on Writing to the class, and she reintroduced me to Shared Journals. I remember trying them back when I taught 5th grade, but haven't thought about them since coming down to primary. She had some great ideas and I am going to try it this year.

Here are some journals I came up with. I will glue these sheets onto spiral notebooks (if Walmart carries them in Kodiak this year...). You can click on the picture to download each page.For the students to record their owies.For students to record their favorite things in the whole world.
For students to share their recess shenanigans (instead of telling me!).

I'm picturing students choosing a journal at Work on Writing time, reading what others wrote, commenting on other students' "posts" or starting a new page with their own ideas. We'll see how it goes - I may need to make a T-Chart to share my expectations!

That's my thought from the zoo today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment